About the Security Trading Analytics Blog

To empower site visitors who seek examples and demonstrations of quantitative methods for tracking and projecting security prices.

Quantitative methods may include, but are not limited to:

·         Analysis of historical security prices

·         Technical analysis of trends and indicators

·         Models for when to buy and sell securities implemented with

o   Python

o   SQL Server

o   Excel

To present methods and resources that are practical and useful for individuals who want to become better traders and investors with the help of quant methods.


About the Blog’s Author

Hi, I am Rick Dobson, an analyst and a computer programmer who earned his Ph.D. at Arizona State University in psychology along with 12 hours of graduate-level computer science courses for one of my foreign language requirements.  I started my career as an Assistant Professor at Mary Washington College where I taught statistics, computer programming, and psychology. 

After three years as a professor, I entered the business world as a consumer research professional at General Motors Research Laboratories and a collection of other businesses and governmental entities, including the Federal Highway Administration and General Electric.

After leaving General Electric, I earned Microsoft certifications in Access, Excel, and SQL Server and started my own consulting practice.  During this period, I authored seven books that focused primarily on database programming and initiated a seminar practice.  My books attracted attendees to in-person and web-based seminars on Access and SQL Server offered through my consulting practice.  My seminar practice terminated shortly after the disaster on September 11 in 2001.  It was also during this period that I started trading and investing in financial securities.

Subsequent to the conclusion of my seminar practice, I held succession of database application development positions at the largest nuclear plant in North America as well as at healthcare, finance, and human resources organizations.  At about the same time, I became a contributing author to MSSQLTips.com.  Since becoming a contributing author, I have published over 175 articles with a substantial share of them on T-SQL programming for trading and investing in financial securities.  It was the experience of writing these articles that motivated me to start this blog on security trading analytics.

If you have any suggestions for this blog to cover or you just want to share a trading experience, you can contact me at RickDobsonBlogs@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog