Yahoo Finance No longer Supports the Download of Historical Data via CSV Files

A prior post from this blog demonstrated how to download historical stock price data via a csv file.  In the past couple of weeks, Yahoo Finance deleted this feature.  Another internet source confirms the dropping of the feature.

Here is an example of the error message that I am encountering when I attempt to download historical data from Yahoo Finance to a csv file on my computer: {"finance":{"result":null,"error":{"code":"unauthorized","description":"User is not logged in"}}}.

I am currently evaluating workarounds for the issue, and I expect to publish my initial discovered workarounds by late September 2024..

I expect the deleted feature to be problematic to self-directed traders/investors, financial quantitative analysts,  as well as authors, such as the blogmaster for the Security Trading Analytics blog.  Please feel to share with a comment to this post any difficulties that you are encountering as a result of the deleted feature.  I will attempt to respond to your issues in future posts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog